Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy belated Mother's Day to my mom, mom-in-law, and all the other Moms in my life. Thanks for all you do for me and our family. Remember, like I always tell you mom, be nice to me or I'll put you in a home someday! =)

Mother's Day weekend finally found us back at Camp Osto! We officially opened the camp, mowed the weeds, vacuumed up 500 dead flies and of course swatted mosquitos. Everything is looking great and no mice! We can't wait to get up there now and do some camping.
I also received my mother's day present, a kick ass 1983 Ford F150 - hand painted (with a paint brush) from its original silver to the beautiful black you see below. Now, that's called customization! This beauty has an am radio with the push button tabs, crank windows (my son had to ask how to get the window down) and no a/c. Plus those cool triangle window vents you will remember if you are a child of the 70's/80's. This is the official Camp Osto vehicle. I know you are jealous.

A great mother's day indeed!

3 comments:

Mom said...

a Beauty in a beauty!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That truck is AWESOME! Gotta love an old beater pickup.

GRPOA said...

Oh man, where do I start. My hillbilly trashy heart is so moved by such a pickup truck! Only those of us who have driven a stinky ol' couple hundie dollar truck can appreciate how sweet that handpainted monster is!