Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day and race update


Happy Mother's Day!


I especially want to say Happy Mother's Day to my Mom. I love you! I wish I could be spending today with you, but you will be in my thoughts! Also to Nana Osto ~ thanks for all you do for us. I'm very lucky to be blessed with great moms!

So to all you moms out there - new moms, old moms, and to all those people who support moms - Happy Mother's Day. Have a great day!

*************************************************************************************

The race on Saturday went well. It was crazy to be running with 4900 other people (that was just the 5K - there were 16,000 runners in all events). I've never experienced any thing like that, it was like being a human river. It was a little difficult to find some space and get going at first. People would stop in front of me or change their line and I'd have to dodge one way or another probably disrupting someone behind me. All in all, I finished slower than I would have liked, but I ran the whole way and felt great. It was definitely different. I'd like to run another one in June or July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you to!!!!! Happy Mothers day to you, Mom

Anonymous said...

And how lucky for me that my son picked such a great MOM for my grandchildren...
Love, Nana