Friday, August 29, 2008

August...part 1

Ok, I can hear you now...your silent screams telling me to update my blog. I have been so BUSY I will have to recount for you in stages...
Tube Fest was a bomb, that's why there was no fancy posting and cute photos. I had to delete one reputation ruining photo (thanks Osto). (Note to self...do not mix gin and tonics with jello shots.) Thanks to all our friends who didn't come and see me turn tonic. nuff said.

HOWEVER, we did make our annual visit to the guys we buy wood from, affectionately and appropriately nicknamed woodticks. This is an experience in and of itself. It scares the hell out of me and I beg to not have to go, yet there I am sitting in the 'ol Black Beauty pick up discretely trying to take pictures because you cannot believe this place unless you see it with your own eyes. The guy is 84 and lives amid an unsavory collection of broken down singlewides, rusting appliances, disgarded travel trailers, mangy-looking dogs, rotten garbage and etc. I think his only income is from the sale of his wood. It never fails that he and Osto will start filling up the pick up (a full load of wood for $25) and some notorious-looking character or two will appear from amid the garbage heaps. The one this time looked like a beatdown, broken and strungout version of Captain Jack Sparrow crossed with a hell's angel. I enlarged one pic below to give you a taste...

I'm sure they are nice people once you get to know them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, you sure described this one to the TTTTTT Whoeeeeee, Mom