Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Memories


Waking up at 5:30 and shaking my brother awake yelling, "Santa Came, Santa Came!"

Mom saying she just needed a cup of tea first...

Dancerella Doll, Mandy and Jenny dolls, Cabbage Patch Dolls

Christmas at Yellowstone

New Skis

An antique clock from Tootie

The Rau cabin with my 5 cousins, where we all received new Carter's pajamas and a stocking with an orange in the toe, a deck of cards and some cash from Grandma. Galen is crying in every picture!

Chrismas eve candlelight services

Tinsel all over Gramma Nana's Tree

Laying under the decorated tree because it smelled good and made me happy

Decorating the tree with ornaments my kids have made

My mom's Christmas cookies

My dad putting on Christmas music before we could open presents

Telling my mom what my dad got her (she could always get me to tell)

The year I was the Robot in the Christmas play (yes, Robot!?!) and Dad helped me build a costume out of a cardboard box, a wastebasket for the head, dryer duct for the arms and he even put working lights on it that I could switch on and off!

Cutting down our own tree every year

Singing Christmas carols with my kids

Listening for Santa's sleigh bells and looking for Rudolph's red nose.

Chrismas Eve with Matt's family and going home on Christmas Day.

What are your favorite Christmas Memories?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's a few additions to the list--

-I can remember looking for Rudolf at Grandma & Grandpa's in Munger!

-Uncle Mike as Santa Claus (kids were scared)

-setting up my comforter on the floor and getting Molly to lay on it so I could keep my feet warm

-Helping Dad find bad bulbs in all the light strings